Divorce, Custody & Support
Family Law Attorney in Central Illinois
Divorce ◊ Child Custody ◊ Child Support ◊ Adoption ◊ Paternity
If you are involved in a divorce or other family law matter, you want an experienced lawyer to help you through the process. Family law disputes often involve complex emotions, which can cloud your judgment. You want an experienced attorney to protect your legal rights, one who has successfully handled family law matters for others.
At the Kirby Law Office, in Springfield and Mason City, we bring over 26 years of legal experience to men and women throughout central Illinois. The hallmark of our practice is our commitment to personal service and attention. When you hire us to handle your family law matter, you will work directly with attorney Kirby at all times. We believe that legal services are best delivered on a one-to-one basis.
For an appointment, contact our office online or call us at 217-726-9875.
Our Family Law Practice
We work hard to protect men’s and women’s rights at all stages of a divorce, from the initial filing through negotiated settlements, mediation or trial to post-judgment requests for modification or enforcement of existing divorce orders. We handle all matters related to no-fault or at-fault divorce cases, including:
- Child custody and visitation/parenting time. We will work with you to establish custody, visitation or parenting time arrangements that are in the best interests of your minor children, while protecting your parental rights.
- Child support. We will review any proposed child support orders for compliance with Illinois guidelines and to ensure that all relevant income is included in the calculation.
- Alimony or spousal support. We will help you determine whether alimony is appropriate and, if so, whether it should be temporary or permanent.
- Division of marital property. We will help you equitably divide the assets and debts of your marriage, including your home, bank accounts or investment portfolio, retirement plans and business assets. We will also help you determine what is and what is not marital property.
- Paternity actions. We will handle all matters to either establish or refute paternity, and handle any custody, visitation or support issues that may arise.
We represent individuals and families in adoption proceedings, including stepparent, private, domestic or state adoptions.
Attorney Kirby is also a court certified mediator for family law matters and has handled a wide range of divorce mediations, including custody mediations.
Contact Our Office
To set up a confidential consultation, contact us online or call 217-726-9875 for an appointment. Our offices are open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. We are located near the Lincoln Home area in Springfield.